about us – Transition Llambed Development Trust
who we are
Transition Llambed Development Trust was formed from members of transition llambed a branch of the transition network, a community movement uniting to build a sustainable future. Primarily formed to perform the daily running of the victoria hall, we oversee the function of a diverse set of community projects.
what we believe
we believe working together as a community; we can unleash our collective genius to have a greater impact together than we can as individuals.
to promote, establish, operate and/or support activities and projects within the community for its benefit. Such that the company shall do so following the principles of sustainable development and in a way that respects and enhances the community’s local culture, social traditions and built heritage, and the local and global natural environment.
for more information about the transition network and how you can get involved in supporting your community, click here.
what we aim to achieve
“increasing opportunities and developing a sustainable future for Lampeter and surrounding districts residents by building a resilient community”.
general aims and objectives included in the memorandum and articles of association for Transition Llambed Development Trust – no 07035904
- To advance the development of the community by maintaining, improving and regenerating its physical, economic, social and cultural infrastructure, and
assisting people who are at a disadvantage because of their social and economic
- advance the education of people and organisations so that they can play a
leading, proactive role in the sustainable development of the community;
- to advance the arts, heritage and culture of the community to the benefit of both
locals and visitors;
- to advance public participation in sport (meaning sport which involves physical
skill and exertion);
- to advance environmental protection or improvement;
- to provide recreational facilities and organise recreational activities within the
community, with the object of improving the conditions of life for all;
- to promote, establish, operate and/or support other similar activities and
projects of a charitable nature within the community for its benefit. but such
that the company shall do so following the principles of sustainable
development and in a way that respects and enhances the community’s local
culture, social traditions and built heritage, as well as the local and global
- in the furtherance of the objects, the company
shall at all times take into consideration the principles of equality of
opportunity irrespective of age, gender, race, colour, nationality, ethnic
origin, religion, sexual orientation or disability.
Transition Llambed Development Trust is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales no 0703590